Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Title: Charity Moon
Series: Charity, #1
Author: DeAnna Kinney
Rating: 2 Shooting Stars

Charity Bell is eighteen, beautiful, and has an unyielding chip on her shoulder. The loss of her father and betrayal of her stepfather have left her angry and confident that no man will ever win her trust, or possess her heart. She wears that declaration proudly--on her countenance, as well as her sharp tongue.

That's all tested when the enchanting Levi Drake transfers from her rival school across town. In a town divided by intense rivalry this should mean trouble, and yet the school is quickly won over by his alluring charm. When a strange encounter with the mysterious young man leaves Charity bewildered, she's convinced he's hiding something and sets out on a dangerous plot to discover his secret. What she uncovers, however, will leave her both grasping for reality and hanging onto the tattered shreds of what's left of her declaration. As she faces the demons of her past, and present, she must decide if she can live, or die, with his.


Charity Moon starts out with Charity Bell being an eighteen year old senior in high school with a chip on her should. She doesn't trust men, and has never let any man get close to her. 

Until Levi Drake comes to her school and throws all of her plans out the window. She instantly tries to hate him, but she actually is intrigued by him. He's hot, but he's also keeping secrets from everyone. 
When Charity learns his secret, she becomes a part of a world she never knew existed. 

The only thing I liked about this book was Charity's personality. She was very snarky, and didn't put up with anyone's crap. 

The things I didn't like (may contain spoiler, read at your own risk):
1) I didn't like the things that happened with Charity's stepfather. I thought the way she went about it was wrong, and very stupid.

2) I didn't like the fact that it felt like Charity kept getting kidnapped. Like they had several different enemies in this one story, but it felt like the story just got off topic. 

3) I hated the werewolf laws. Now I realize some of these things could be changed in the next book. But I really hated the whole fact that if Charity doesn't have a boy, then Levi has to have a child with someone else. Especially since they are "soul mates." It didn't make sense why the werewolves would do that to each other. This is what made me actually hate the book. I mean really hate it.  I mean seriously why even go through the trouble of having one mate, when you would just have to take another one if that one didn't produce a boy? ugh that just frustrated me to no end. 

4) I didn't like how they fell in love so quickly.

So for the conclusion to this review. I do not recommend this story, unless you can get past certain spoilers I stated above. I can't get past that, so I won't continue this series, and I won't be reading this one again.


by Whitney Martin 10:52 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%