Thursday, August 29, 2013

Title: Chaos
Series: Kardia Chronicles, #1
Author: Christine O'Neil
Rating: 4 Shooting Stars

My name is Maggie Raynard. After sixteen years being just plain me, suddenly, when I lose my temper, my fingers become weapons of mass destruction. Turns out I'm a semi-god, descended from Aphrodite. Sounds cool in theory, but when I accidentally put my ex-boyfriend in a coma, things go downhill pretty fast.

Now some new guy named Mac Finnegan has made it his mission in life to continually piss me off. I'm stuck learning how to use my new powers while also dealing with regular high school problems, and with this annoying—and super-hot—guy all up in my business, I'm about to flip out.

But it gets worse. I just learned there's this watchdog council of semis who keeps an eye out for any bad apples. They think I'm the baddest of the bunch and want to take me out before I do any more damage. My nemesis Mac might turn out to be my salvation, only he's got secrets of his own...and they may just kill us both.


Review Copy 

Chaos starts out with Maggie Reynard having some problems with the new guy in school Mac. He seems to be out to try and piss her off, and well it's working. As she tries to keep from unleashing her powers, things with Mac go from bad to worse. Apparently he's been sent to keep an eye on her from the Coucil of semis. They think she could be a danger, so now they are trying to determine if she should be taken care off. But Mac says he will help train her, so she can learn to control her power. The thing neither of them ever thought would happen does. They start to have feelings for each other, even though they both try to hide it. There is a lot going on in this book. It has a dash of romance, with lots of awesome action. Maggie is a super awesome chick. I loved her. She wasn't going to put up with anyone's crap, and she easily stood up for herself even when the odds were against her. And Mac was a really good addition to the mix as well. The writing was awesome, and the ending was perfect. Over all the book was very good. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I'm excited to read more about Maggie, and Mac.


by Whitney Martin 11:59 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%