Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Title: Afterburn
Series: Afterburn & Aftershock
Author: Sylvia Day
Rating: 3 Shooting Stars

The realization that Jax still affected me so strongly was a jagged pill to swallow. He’d only been part of my life for five short weeks two years ago. But now he was back. Walking into a deal I’d worked hard to close. And God, he was magnificent. His eyes were a brown so dark they were nearly black. Thickly lashed, they were relentless in their intensity. Had I really thought they were soft and warm? There was nothing soft about Jackson Rutledge. He was a hard and jaded man, cut from a ruthless cloth.

In that moment I understood how badly I wanted to unravel the mystery of Jax. Bad enough that I didn’t mind how much it was going to cost me.




Afterburn starts out with Gia getting her dream job. Now a year later she is trying to get one of the best deals of a life time, the only problem is she has her ex Jax, the man who broke her hurt, trying to help her competition. Not only that but she still has feelings for him even though he hurt her so long ago.

I have to say this book was only okay. I liked the idea of the story, but I just couldn't connect with either of the main characters. I felt like we didn't really get enough information about Jax, and I sort of felt like Gia didn't even know anything about him. But I liked how Gia was very driven when it came to her job. Then in the end her attitude was a lot different. And the ending is some what of a cliffhanger. Not a major one, but enough of one to leave you frustrated with it. I probably won't be reading the next book in this series.


by Whitney Martin 9:32 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%