Thursday, July 25, 2013

Title: Obsidian
Series: Lux, #1
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Rating: 4 Shooting Stars

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. 

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 

If I don't kill him first, that is.


This book starts out with Katy and her mother moving to a new town. They needed a fresh start since Katy's father died three years ago. Her mother works all the time, and Katy spends most of her time alone reading. 

Her mother wants her to really try to make friends this year, and they have two next door neighbors who seem to be able Katy's age. Little did Katy know that just by going over there would start leading her on a path she never thought she would take. 

She finds out some crazy things about her neighbors. Dee ends up her best friend, while she makes a frenemie out of Dee's brother Daemon.

This book has an amazing plot line. Awesome characters, romance, and some action. It is truly an amazing book, and I can not wait to read more. This series is wonderful! The chemistry between Daemon and Katy is spectacular, and constantly had me laughing. I highly recommend this book, and series!


by Whitney Martin 12:16 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%