Friday, July 12, 2013

Title: Iced
Series: Dani O'Malley Trilogy, #1
Author: Karen Marie Moning
Rating: 4 Shooting Stars

Dani “Mega” O’Malley plays by her own set of rules—and in a world overrun by Dark Fae, her biggest rule is: Do what it takes to survive. Possessing rare talents and the all-powerful Sword of Light, Dani is more than equipped for the task. In fact, she’s one of the rare humans who can defend themselves against the Unseelie. But now, amid the pandemonium, her greatest gifts have turned into serious liabilities.
 
Dani’s ex–best friend, MacKayla Lane, wants her dead, the terrifying Unseelie princes have put a price on her head, and Inspector Jayne, the head of the police force, is after her sword and will stop at nothing to get it. What’s more, people are being mysteriously frozen to death all over the city, encased on the spot in sub-zero, icy tableaux. 
 
When Dublin’s most seductive nightclub gets blanketed in hoarfrost, Dani finds herself at the mercy of Ryodan, the club’s ruthless, immortal owner. He needs her quick wit and exceptional skill to figure out what’s freezing Fae and humans dead in their tracks—and Ryodan will do anything to ensure her compliance.
 
Dodging bullets, fangs, and fists, Dani must strike treacherous bargains and make desperate alliances to save her beloved Dublin—before everything and everyone in it gets iced.


In this first book to the spin off of the Fever series. Dani is 14 years old, and she's pretty much on her own. She's had a really tough life, and has been killing Fae since she was really young. She's also got extremely awesome gifts. And Dani isn't willing to let anyone take care of her when she can take care of herself. 

Dani has to do everything she can to help save Dublin. And she also ends up working for a man she never wanted to be around again. Not only that but she has a half unseelie prince wanting her when she becomes of age. Dani has a lot going on right now, and she's still on the look out for Mac. 

I really enjoyed this book. However I have a few pet peeves. Like the fact that Ryodan is messing around with Jo, and Kat. It really bugged me. Because you get the impression that he is just waiting on Dani to become of age, but then he messes with the people she cares about. That just bugged me. I really do hope we get to see Dani become of age in this series so we can see her end up with someone. 
Maybe she will go into the mirrors again, but this time end up being gone for a few years. Anyways this book was good, but it ending in a horrible way. Major cliffhanger. And I'm so frustrated that I have to wait for the next book. Jeez! Oh well I do recommend this series along with the Fever series. 


by Whitney Martin 12:00 AM 2 comments

2 comments :

  1. Oooh nice review!! I still haven't read this one and what with your last comment on a major cliffhanger...I might be waiting closer til next year when Burned releases. Think it's like April 22. Ugh, so far away! But yeah, might have to wait a bit to read this one. My memory is so poor though, so I hope there's helpful recap hints when meeting previously met characters as I haven't read the Fever series since it ended some years ago!

    But awesome review! Can't wait to read this myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm seriously disappointed I have to wait soooooo long for the next one to come out in this series. It drives me crazy, now I can't get the ending out of my head, and I have to WAIT for the next book. lol oh well sometimes patience is a virtue I guess *sighs*

      Delete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%