Friday, June 14, 2013

Title: The Breakaway
Series: The Breakaway, #1
Author: Michelle D. Argyle
Rating: 3 Shooting Stars

When Naomi Jensen is kidnapped, it takes her parents two days to realize she's missing. Escape isn't high on her list of priorities when all she has to return to is an abusive boyfriend and parents who never paid much attention to her. For the first time in her life she's part of a family-even if it is a family of criminals. But she's still a captive. In a desperate attempt to regain some control in her life, Naomi embarks on a dangerous plan to make one of her kidnappers think she's falling in love with him. The plan works too well, and when faced with the chance to escape, Naomi isn't sure she wants to take it.


Wow, so The Breakaway is a very intense read. It seriously had me on my toes. I couldn't ever figure out how I felt about everything that was happening to Naomi. I think I felt every emotion there is, anger, pain, sadness, fear. It was all in this book, even love. 

The book is about Naomi getting kidnapped. But she starts to feel things for her kidnappers after being with them for so long. We see all of the emotions she suffers through during her time being kidnapped. 

I enjoyed most of the characters for the most part. Sometimes Naomi got on my nerves, but then sometimes I really liked her. The book was well written, and very captivating.

I can't put my finger on it but there was just something that about the book that made it not all that great. It is an okay book, but I'm not sure if I want to continue the series or not. I really did hate the way it ended, but again not sure if I will continue reading. Overall it was an okay ready, very intense, and emotional. 




by Whitney Martin 9:59 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%