Thursday, June 27, 2013

Title: Stray
Series: Shifters, #1
Author: Rachel Vincent
Rating: 3 Shooting Stars

There are only eight breeding female werecats left . . . 

And I'm one of them.
I look like an all-American grad student. But I am a werecat, a shape-shifter, and I live in two worlds.
Despite reservations from my family and my Pride, I escaped the pressure to continue my species and carved out a normal life for myself. Until the night a Stray attacked.
I'd been warned about Strays -- werecats without a Pride, constantly on the lookout for someone like me: attractive, female, and fertile. I fought him off, but then learned two of my fellow tabbies had disappeared.
This brush with danger was all my Pride needed to summon me back . . . for my own protection. Yeah, right. But I'm no meek kitty. I'll take on whatever -- and whoever -- I have to in order to find my friends. Watch out, Strays -- 'cause I got claws, and I'm not afraid to use them .


When I read the blurb about this book I thought it would be very interesting. And the plot was interesting, however the heroine just didn't do it for me. So much so that she made the book only okay.

The story is about a women werecat who gets attacked on night at college. She then gets taken back to her home because every one is worried she could be the next female cat taken. She doesn't want to be back home, so much so that she's constantly throwing fits, and trying to find a way out. 

She doesn't seem to realize the danger she's actually in, and she keeps playing games with her ex-boyfriend, and another one of the Pride's males. 

I liked her more towards the end, but overall I felt the heroine was selfish, weak, and careless. I really struggled to like her at all through out the book. The only reason I actually kept reading the book was because the rest of the story was interesting. I'm not sure if I will read the next one, I'm really hoping that it will be much better than this one, but not sure if I will give it a chance. 


by Whitney Martin 4:08 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%