Saturday, June 15, 2013

Title: Pieces
Series: The Breakaway, #2
Author: Michelle D. Argyle
Rating: 2 Shooting Stars

Staying in love can mean running away...

Two years after watching her kidnappers go to prison, Naomi Jensen is still in love with one of them. Jesse will be released in a few years, and Naomi knows college is the perfect distraction while she waits. But when her new friend Finn makes her question what is right and what is wrong, she begins to wonder if Jesse is the one for her...until she discovers he's out on parole. Naomi must sort through her confusion to figure out where love and freedom truly lie-in Finn, who has no connections to her past, or Jesse, who has just asked her to run away with him.


Pieces was not at all what I was expecting. This one is about how Naomi is handling life after she was kidnapped. She's trying to feel like she is free again, but she just doesn't feel it. And she doesn't know what she wants anymore. 
Things change when Jesse gets out of prison and wants to run away to Italy with her. She knows she loves Jesse, but she's not sure if that is the right decision to make. 

I felt like this one was sort of the first one all over again, just with a few changes. I really hated and loved the things that happened with Jesse. At one point I liked that they got together, then I liked what Naomi did. And I felt really confused about all of the stuff with Fin. 

Overall I didn't care for this book. I felt like it was just a remake of the first one in the emotions department. The plot was different but I felt that was really it. 



by Whitney Martin 10:31 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%