Sunday, June 30, 2013

Title: Girl With Guitar 
Series: Girl With Guitar, #1
Author: Caisey Quinn
Rating: 3 Shooting Stars

After Kylie’s dad dies in a freak accident, he leaves her with nothing other than her crazy step-mother, Darla, and the ability to play guitar. When Darla kicks Kylie out and she loses her job all in the same day, she hops a bus to Nashville determined to make her late father’s dreams come true. Waitressing and saving her pennies to record a demo, her big break comes when she’s asked to join a tour going down the tubes with once platinum album-selling country music superstar Trace Corbin. But touring with Trace is hardly a dream come true since he’s pretty much drinking his career down the drain. If Kylie can’t pull Trace out of his rut, he’ll pull her and her dreams down with him.


This book is about Kylie trying to make her dream come true in Nashville. After her father died, her step mother kicked her out, and now she just lost her job. So on her last bit of money she takes a bus to Nashville to try to make her dreams come true. 

There she gets the chance to go on tour with the famous Trace Corbin. But things aren't all that great with Trace, he has a major drinking problem. And she just wants to make it out there now, but she has to deal with a lot of Trace's drama. Not to mention the attraction between them is intense. 

I loved about the whole 60% of this book. Then I felt like the book was just okay after that point. I felt it could have even ended around the 60% mark, but just kept going. Towards the end I felt like I knew less and less about Trace and how he felt. And I got more and more annoyed with Kylie. She really drove me crazy at the end, I really didn't like her at all. 

So I have to say this book is a 3 star, and only okay. It could have been really good but I felt like it fell short in the end. And I probably won't read anymore in the series.


by Whitney Martin 7:55 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%