Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Title: Fire Inside
Series: Chaos, #2
Author: Kristen Ashley
Rating: 4 Shooting Stars

Lanie Heron isn’t looking for love—no surprise, considering her last serious relationship nearly got her killed. So when Lanie propositions Hop Kincaid, all she wants is one wild night with the hot-as-hell biker who patrols with the Chaos Motorcycle Club...

For Hop, Lanie has always been untouchable. She’s too polished and too classy for his tastes. But when she gives Hop the once-over with her bedroom eyes and offers him a night in paradise, he can’t say no. And he doesn’t regret it when he finds that Lanie is the best thing that’s ever happened to him—in or out of bed. Now the trick will be to convince her of that.


So since the first book in the Chaos series wasn't as good as I was expecting I was actually look forward to the second one a lot more. But I was still slightly weary. I seriously didn't want to get my hopes up. 

And I SO wasn't disappointed. Fire Inside is a wonderful book, and I was amazed again by "The Great Kristen Ashley."

Fire Inside is about Lanie finally wanting some company after all the years its been since watch her fiance die after taken bullets to save his life. She says she's only interested in one night when she reaches out to Hop, but will one night be enough for them? 

Apparently it wasn't enough for Hop, because he made it more. Lanie and Hop are perfect for each other. In their own way they have lived through a lot of the same things, and experienced the same emotions to these situations. 

Hop knows Lanie has a "monster" to get through because of what happened with her fiance. But he also realizes that she is the women he wants, and of course like most KA men he's going to fight for her.

They have to deal with a lot of stuff in this book. Both Lanie and Hop stir each other up, and get upset and say hurtful things but I really enjoyed them being together. I think they are one of the greatest KA couples ever. 

Also Lanie is a wonderful character, she's pure drama, but not in a bad way. And I feel like she's changed a lot since Motorcycle Man. She made the book so much better, I couldn't believe how awesome she was. She's totally one of my heros :)

And Hop is another awesome alpha macho biker man. He takes care of his family, he's loyal (despite what others may believe) and he's really sweet at times.

The only thing that bothered me at all about this book was the fact that they kept their relationship a secret. I really didn't understand that at all, even though it was explained to me it just didn't make sense. And especially after reading Own The Wind, I was slightly annoyed with all of the secrecy.  

I couldn't have wished for a better story for these two. It was perfect, and I seriously loved this book. I can not wait for more. I super excited now! 


by Whitney Martin 12:00 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%