Sunday, June 16, 2013

Title: Beneath This Man
Series: This Man, #2
Author: Jodi Ellen Malpas
Rating: 3 Shooting Stars

She knew she was heading towards disaster. Every instinct told her to run, but Jesse Ward was a hard man to escape.

It has been five days’ since Ava O’Shea left Jesse drunk and raging at Lusso – left behind a man who drowned her in his intensity and blindsided her with his touch. Getting over this man was never going to be easy. And now he’s back in her life.

She has questions she needs answering, but her determination to get these answers will give the pleasure-seeking playboy the power to destroy her again. She needs to keep her eyes wide open and caution at the forefront of her mind, an ambitious intention when Jesse Ward is within touching distance. And he plans to be.

He’s dark, he’s broken – Ava knows this, but the only way to find out how dark and how broken is to get beneath the steely exterior of this man.


I had a really hard time trying to get through this book. I actually didn't start to enjoy it until the end. I really couldn't stand Ava through most of the book, and I thought Jesse was a complete hypocrite. Especially when it came to Sarah. 

Things start to change for this two when they get back together. But they have a whole lot to go through. And Jesse still has a lot of secrets that he's kept from Ava. Even though he's the one who said no secrets. 

I really don't care for Ava, but what she did when she found Jesse and Sarah at one point in the book towards the end was awesome. I truly admired her for it. To me it took a whole lot of courage, and it made her almost as crazy as Jesse is. 

Overall I have to say the book is okay. I will be reading the next one, but only because I want everything to be resolved. 


by Whitney Martin 3:48 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%