Thursday, May 9, 2013

Title: Walking Disaster
Series: Beautiful, #2
Author: Jamie McGuire
Rating: 5 Shooting Stars

Can you love someone too much?

Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.


Walking Disaster is basically Beautiful Disaster all over again but in Travis' point of view. However there are a lot of differences as well. 
For one we get to see how Travis was when he was little, when his mother died. Then we get to see a lot of stuff between his dad, and brothers. Which I love love love the Maddox brothers, they are so awesome! 
Then we see everything from Travis' point of view of course, but you get to see more of Shepley, and a different side to America as well. 
Then of course the Epilogue, which was truly amazing. I couldn't believe we got to see them later on in life, that made the book so much better.
The only thing that bugged me was reading about how Abby acted sometimes. I mean you get to see Travis' bad side in Beautiful Disaster, but in this one you seriously get to see Abby's bad side, and man I seriously wanted to hate her at times. But I really do like Abby, and this book just proves how perfect Abby and Travis are for each other. 
 I really love this series, and I hope to see more of Travis and Abby, and I also hope to see more of the Maddox brothers! 


by Whitney Martin 10:30 AM 1 comment

1 comment :

  1. Great Review. I agree with you on Abby. I wasn't a big fan of hers in Beautiful Disaster and I didn't like her any better in this book. I LOVED the brothers and I hope the author does a companion novel with one of them. I also loved getting to see more of Shepley and the epilogue on this one too.

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%