Monday, May 6, 2013

Title: UnEnchanted
Series: An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #1
Author: Chanda Hahn
Rating: 2 Shooting Stars

Mina Grime is unlucky, unpopular and uncoordinated, that is until she saves her crush's life on a field trip, changing her High School status from loser to hero overnight. But with her newfound fame brings misfortune as an old family curse come to light. For Mina is descended from the Brothers Grimm and has inherited all of their unfinished fairy tale business. Which includes trying to outwit a powerful Story from making her its next fairytale victim.

To break the fairy tale curse on her family and stop these deadly events, Mina must finish the tales until the very Grimm end.

I found this on amazon for free, so I decided to check it out, and I'm so glad it was free because I would have been so upset to have actually paid for it. 
It starts with Mina saving the most popular guy at school's life when a an accident she causes happens. The next thing she knows is people are noticing her, and the boy who she's had a crush on is noticing her since she saved his life. But things aren't always as they seem. She finds out some things about her family that she never thought were possible.  Now she's decided to put a stop to all of the horrible things hare family has had to endure because of the "curse" on them. 

This book seemed to have potential, but it just wasn't for me. I did like the main character, but I didn't really like her choice in boys.  And I also didn't like how the story seemed to be pretty rushed, and how everyone seemed to take the news of Mina's family "curse."  That just seemed really annoying in my opinion. Then I thought the book would end on an okay note, where it would at least be a 3 star, but alas that did not happen. I won't spoil it for you, but I do not like books that make that happen, it really bothered me how it ended, and how Mina just went with everything. I was so beyond frustrated with it, I was glad it was over.  Again this is not the book for me. It is a young adult novel with a twist on fairy tales, but it just wasn't something I could get into. 



by Whitney Martin 3:21 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%