Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Title: Laney
Series: The Brookehaven Vampires, #1
Author: Joann I. Martin Sowles
Rating: 3 Shooting Stars

In a small college town in Northern California, Laney Alexander leads a regular, uneventful life-that is, until the charming and alluring Oliver Knight enters her world. Who is this gorgeous and mysterious stranger? Or, rather, what is he? As Laney's sophomore year of college begins, so does an unbelievable adventure-including a love she didn't know she longed for. She soon learns that Oliver is not ordinary, nor is the rest of his family, including a sister who openly hates her and a brother who will stop at nothing for revenge. As she fights for her life, and Oliver's love, Laney discovers that the fictional world of vampires isn't so fictional after all. Nobody is safe, especially Laney, Oliver's most important priority, and he will stop at nothing to protect her. With her mortality at risk, and a commitment revealed that she, without a doubt, knows she wants, Laney's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn.


Laney starts out with Laney Alexander is in class when she meets the handsome Oliver Knight. She instantly has a crush on him, and they start to form a relationship. But things start to change when she finds out Oliver's secret. 

There are things I like about this book, and things I don't like. Spoiler Alert!


The Things I like about the book: 

1) I love the vampire aspect of the book. The vampire's are different from other stories, and it makes the book more unique and interesting. 

2) I love the relationship between Laney, and Oliver. They are perfect for each other, and I really want to see what happens between them.


3) The fact that during the whole book there seems to be something really strange going on with Laney's father. Like the fact that she's never met him. I have some  ideas about that, but I wish it would have been revealed, or at least hinted to it. 


The things I don't like about the book:


1) The ending. I really hated how it ended, it just made me mad. Total cliffhanger. 


2) I didn't like how Oliver wouldn't tell Laney certain things about Julz, but then once she had seen her do

the things he wouldn't tell Laney about, he then told Laney. So I thought that was seriously pointless. It seemed to cause drama that wasn't needed in the story at all. 

3) I have a love hate relationship with Laney. I love how she takes the whole vampire thing. But I hate how she deals with Julz. It really drove me nuts. 


Overall because of these things the book ending up being only okay. I will probably read the next one, but not sure about after that. I just hope it gets better!



by Whitney Martin 3:21 PM 2 comments

2 comments :

  1. I got so bored with new vampires series having the same stereotypical storyline, so it's really good that this one was different. Though I'm not a fan of cliffhanger ending, they make me so mad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah this one is a little different then most. I hope it goes into more detail about that in the other books. And the ending cliffhanger, its not like a OMG what the heck, I have to read it now kind of cliffhanger, its more or less like why the heck did it end there kind of cliffhanger. lol :)

      Delete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%