Friday, May 3, 2013

Title: Dark Lover
Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood
Author: J.R. Ward
Rating: 4 Shooting Stars

In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war going on between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret band of brothers like no other-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Yet none of them relishes killing more than Wrath, the leader of The Black Dagger Brotherhood.
 
The only purebred vampire left on earth, Wrath has a score to settle with the slayers who murdered his parents centuries ago. But, when one of his most trusted fighters is killed-leaving his half-breed daughter unaware of his existence or her fate-Wrath must usher her into the world of the undead-a world of sensuality beyond her wildest dreams.


Dark Lover was nothing like I expected. It was very interesting to see Vampires in a different light, they even had their own language, and a king. I loved that!! Wrath just lost one of his brother's to a lesser, now he decides to help his late brother's half-breed daughter into the world of vampires. 
Beth thinks she just an regular women living in the normal world, however she is wrong. She is a half-breed vampire, and about to go through the transition. She has a lot of stuff going on with her at the moment, and she has this major attraction to Wrath that she's not sure what she should do about. 

The romance in this book was very interesting, it kept me wanting more I loved it. And then there was a ton of action, and lots of humor as well. All the things needed to make a spectacular book! 

And it leads you into more, I can not wait to read the next book. 


by Whitney Martin 7:19 PM 2 comments

2 comments :

  1. Eeeek, I'm so eager to get into this series!! A friend of mine's read all of them and she's pretty much obsessed LOL Seeing how much you loved this one makes me wish I wasn't on a book buying ban so I could get myself a copy RIGHT now :D


    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol yeah I want read more, but I'm kind of on a ban as well. I wondering if they are lendable? Hmm I should look into that.

      Delete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%