Monday, April 15, 2013

Title: The Keeping
Series: Law Of The Lycans, #2
Author: Nicky Charles
Rating: 2 Shooting Stars

Ryne Taylor was a sexy bad-ass Alpha set on establishing a new pack. Melody Greene was a journalism student researching his work as a photographer or so she said. But could Mel really be trusted or had she stumbled upon his secret? And if she knew, could Ryne save himself and the pack he d left behind without enacting a deadly ancient law known as The Keeping? Sequel to The Mating.


 I can not believe I was able to finish this book. I really couldn't get into this book, it just wasn't for me. 
It starts out with Melody finding Ryne to do an interview about his photography. But when she does find Ryne she discovers it's not going to be easy to get this interview. He is a very private person, and he doesn't want her snooping around his house, or his life. Ryne just wants Melody gone, but something is attracting him to her, and he can't figure out what it is. Melody also can not stand Ryne but something is bringing her closer to him, and she's constantly wanting to know what he is hiding. 

I thought the idea of this book was good. But I felt that it was way too long for what the main story actually was. It seemed the story was just drawn out for no reason at all, a lot of the things that happened I could have done without because it was keeping the story from being "on track" and I got quite bored with at these times. Towards the end it did get better, but overall I am not a fan of this book, and I will not be reading the next one.

  
by Whitney Martin 10:54 AM 2 comments

2 comments :

  1. I got this series as an Amazon freebie and it sucks that they not good enough. I love werewolves but I'm not sure if I'll read this one anytime soon. Thanks for your review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it free too, and I was seriously disappointed. I thought it would be so much better, especially after all of the good reviews I read. Oh well...

      Delete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%