Monday, April 8, 2013

Title: The Devil's Revenge
Series: The Devil's Eyes, #2
Author: Jennifer Loren
Rating: 3 Shooting Stars

The argument for my bail begins, and I lower my head until the doors behind me crash open with a thunderous roar. A vibration rushes through my body, I look up at the judge as his eyes widen and a cold silence takes hold of the room. It’s him. I know it’s him. It can be no other. Before I can turn I whisper his name and feel the energy of him blaze up my body as if the simple whisper of his name makes it true, makes him true. As hard as I fight my own curiosity I can’t stop myself, with all the assuredness in my head I still have to prove it to my own eyes. Turning, I slowly raise my head up and look upon the three gentlemen, dressed in dark suits and letting the hoods of their coats fall back and reveal expressions of pure - desired annihilation. But it is he that stands center and strong that confirms my suspicions. It is he that has caused this silence and chocked the breath out of an entire room. It’s as if the air could breathe and it breathes a trembling gasp of his name, with all that laid their eyes on this sight I see. Only I breathe his name and meet his eyes whispering … “I knew you would come for me.”

Only God could save me from a certain deadly fate, and so rightfully, he sent the devil to rescue me.


When I first started reading this book I was very excited about it! I couldn't wait to start reading, and I enjoyed the start of the book a lot. But then towards the middle things just got kind of frustrating to me, and slightly over done. I felt like things just kept repeating themselves. 
Nick and Kayla have a wonderful romance that I love to see how it works between them, but there just seems to be so many different factors coming into play now. 
Kayla is on trial for murder now, and since Nick's death everyone is on edge to help her. But her biggest help turns out to be a shock to everyone! 
And then Kayla has another great surprise that shows up too!

I just didn't care for this one as much as the last one. I won't be reading anymore especially seeing other reviews for the next book, and reading the sample chapters. I do not want "Franky" to come back into the picture now, or ever. I think that is really dumb, and it totally puts me off the books. I hated getting hints in this one that she could still be alive, it bothered me a lot. And I really do not care to learn about Nick's past, even if it seems little Nicky gets a bigger part in the next book, I still won't be reading it. I was disappointed in this one. 


by Whitney Martin 5:22 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%