Sunday, April 14, 2013

Title: Suicide Note
Author: Teresa Mummert
Rating: 3 Shooting Stars

 Sometimes in life it feels like everything that can go wrong does, but everything happens for a reason. A relationship crumbles so someone else can mend the pieces of your broken heart. A change of plans can lead you to something you didn’t even know you were missing. You help others and discover that it was you who needed to be helped all along. 
Jenn’s life is nothing as she had imagined it would be. She is twenty-something with a failing career and her love life has officially ended with an ultimate act of betrayal. She is ready to throw away her dreams when a chance run-in with a soldier, dealing with his own misfortunes, alters her course and changes her perspective on life.


I was expecting something totally different when I started reading this book. I really do not have a lot to say about it. There are several things I didn't like about this book, but for some reason I couldn't bring myself to dislike it completely. 
It starts with Jenn's life being completely messed up because of her family, and ex boyfriend. Then she meets Shane who also just lot a lot in his life, and he's had to deal with loss before so he is hurting as much as she is. They form a beautiful friendship but they each have secrets they are keeping from each other. 
I enjoyed the relationship between these two very much. I felt like they were a perfect match together and that is one of the main reason's I actually like this book. 
However I do not like how the book was written, how each chapter is a different date, I constantly felt confused on which day it actually was, and if the story lined up correctly with all of the dates. Also sometimes I was confused on who's point of view it was in, to me it wasn't very clear on some parts in the book. 
Overall the book was okay, nothing to write home about but I did get a few laughs from it. I didn't expect what would happen at all so at least it wasn't predictable. 


by Whitney Martin 12:47 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%