Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Title: Real
Series: Real, Raw & Ripped, #1
Author: Katy Evans
Rating: 3 Shooting Stars

A fallen boxer.
A woman with a broken dream.
A competition…

He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting…

Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life.

He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong–but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents . . .

But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.

I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.

If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?


When I started this book I had absolutely no idea what to think about it. I was excited by the beginning, then around the middle of the book I got very frustrated with it because I felt like the author was just repeating the same thing over and over again. 
It starts out with Brooke meeting Remy at one of his fights, and he takes one look at her and knows that she's for him, so he hires her to keep her near him. Brooke and Remy go through a lot before the finally form a relationship beyond employee and employer. 

Remy is a very interesting individual. He's had it rough growing up, and he has a major problem that he wants to be kept a secret, and he's afraid if Brooke finds out she won't want him anymore. He's very alpha male, and territorial when it comes to Brooke which is something I found very admirable about him. I really enjoyed Remy in this story, even though he had several problems. 

Now Brooke is similar to Remy in many ways, and I think that is why she is able to accept his "problem" very easily because in some ways she's experienced things similar to his problem. I thought Brooke was okay through most of the book, I couldn't really connect with her, and I thought she was very pushy when it came to Remy. But I did like the fact that she stood up for him and wanted to protect him no matter what. BUT I also hated her at one point in the book, I thought she was a screaming jerk for the way she treats Remy towards the end. 

Overall this book was okay. It wasn't something I real read again, and I probably won't continue the series because it just never got me to feel anything too deeply for the characters or anything going on in the story. 


by Whitney Martin 11:31 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%