Sunday, April 28, 2013

Title: Monster
Series: Impossible, #1 
Author: Julia Sykes
Rating: 3 Shooting Stars

My life was irrevocably changed that night. The night I was taken. I saved a man’s life, but at what cost to myself? Could I convince him to save me in return?

Pediatrician Claudia Ellers is jerked out of her own safe, secluded world and brought into one of danger and uncertainty on the night that she is kidnapped by Bradley Smith. He forces her to save the life of his best friend, Sean Reynolds, under threat of death. But when her task is complete, Sean decrees that she can’t be allowed to leave; she knows too much. Claudia is resentful of her captors, desperate to escape. But the more time she spends trapped with Sean, the harder she finds it to cling to her hatred for him. He is an enigma of a man, one who is shockingly arrogant, sweetly contrite, and frighteningly aggressive by turns. And the sexual tension between them is scorching. The longer she remains in his grip, the more confused she becomes about what she must do. Is her freedom worth betraying him?


When I started Monster, I was sucked in automatically, and couldn't put it down. The main reason I was able to be interested was because of the plot line, but there are a lot of things that made this book a turn off to me. 
One: I can not connect to the character's at all. I hate how you hardly learn very much about either of the main character's and nothing about the side character's. 

Two: I normally do not mind the "dominance" stuff by the alpha male, but in this book I felt it was forced, and just put in to attract attention not because the character's were actually like that. 

three: It was really very short, and the ending was left not quite a cliffhanger, but very open ended. There wasn't much of a conclusion in this book, and I know it builds up suspense for the next it just made me not even want to read more. 

So with this conclusion I will not be reading anymore on this series. And I was seriously frustrated, and disappointed with this book it could have been so much better. Overall it was only okay. A mix between a 2.5 and 3 Stars. 



by Whitney Martin 11:42 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%