Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Title: Matchplay
Author: Dakota Madison
Rating: 2 Shooting Stars

A Girl, a Guy, a Tournament and a Challenge

The Girl: At a time when most girls obsess about homecoming and high school prom, Rainy Dey spent her senior year caring for her dying mother. So when her father drops her off at college to start her freshman year, his words of advice to his bookish daughter are to start acting like a young person and finally have some fun.

The Guy: College senior, Aaron Donavan, aka Mr. Hot-and-Knows-It, is President of the Clubhouse, a social club for the college’s most wealthy and popular guys. Aaron can have any girl on campus except the one who challenges and excites him the most—Rainy Dey.

The Tournament: Every year, the senior members of The Clubhouse engage in a golf-inspired tournament to see who can sleep with the most freshman girls. When Rainy finds out about the tournament, she believes Aaron’s only interest in her is to score points by taking her V-Card.

The Challenge: Can Aaron convince Rainy that his feelings for her are true and that she won’t be just another notch on his tournament scorecard?


This book looked very interesting when I read the blurb, and when I read the sample I couldn't get enough of it. But that soon changed when I got more into the story. I really didn't like this book at all. I was able to finish it but I felt like it was a total waste of time and money. 
It starts out with Rainy going to college, when she meets the womanizer Aaron they form a relationship. But through this relationship they have several "stops" and it just got very repetitive and I got frustrated with the story at that point. I mean Aaron claims to "love" Rainy yet he keeps letting other girls be all over him, and then saying sorry afterwards. And then Rainy stands up for self but then lets him get away with it, and she constantly lets other people have a say in their relationship. 
I just couldn't connect with the characters in the book, and I just didn't like the plot line, the whole story felt rushed, and superficial. Overall I didn't like the book at all, it was a major disappointment. 


by Whitney Martin 10:42 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%