Friday, April 19, 2013

Title: I Was Here-Before You Came
Series: Dacian Legends, #1
Author: Camelia Miron Skiba
Rating: 3 Shooting Stars

Legend has it … centuries after Spartacus another hero is born—Ilias, the bastard son of King Decebalus. Thirsty for revenge and eager to unshackle the Roman oppression, Ilias' obsession to fulfill his oath has no bounds, even if that means kidnapping Nerva, the beloved daughter of Emperor Traianus. What he doesn't know is his own heart threatens to betray his conscience. What will 
prevail: his mind or his heart?


ARC 

When I started this book I really had no idea what to expect. It is a novella that is about Ilias the bastard son of king Decebalus. He is out for revenge agents Rome for destroying his family, and kingdom. He ends up kidnapping the Roman king's daughter, but things get a little bit crazy once they have her traveling with him. You get to see Ilias realize that maybe he's not doing the right thing, and he starts to have feelings for the king's daughter Nerva. I enjoyed this short story a lot. It was very different reading about Rome, and fighting for revenge. I also liked the ending a great deal. I love how Nerva wasn't afraid to stand up for herself, and to fight for what she wanted, Ilias. And I like how you get to see Ilias deciding what should be the right course of action even though some of his closest friends do not agree with him. I will be reading the next book in this series because I am intrigued by this series so far. But it isn't something I would call good yet, it just in the margin of okay. Hopefully it gets better, so I will continue reading this series to find out.  


by Whitney Martin 9:41 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%