Saturday, April 20, 2013

Title: Hard Bitten
Series: Chicagoland Vampires, #4
Author: Chloe Neill
Rating: 3 Shooting Stars

Times are hard for newly minted vampire Merit. Ever since shapeshifters announced their presence to the world, humans have been rallying against supernaturals--and they're camping outside of Cadogan House with protest signs that could turn to pitchforks at any moment. Inside its doors, things between Merit and her Master, green-eyed heartbreaker Ethan Sullivan are ... tense. But then the mayor of Chicago calls Merit and Ethan to a clandestine meeting and tells them about a violent vamp attack that has left three women missing. His message is simple: get your House in order. Or else.

Merit needs to get to the bottom of this crime, but it doesn't help that she can't tell who's on her side. So she secretly calls in a favor from someone who's tall, dark, and part of underground vamp group that may have some deep intel on the attack. Merit soon finds herself in the heady, dark heart of Chicago's supernatural society--a world full of vampires who seem too ready to fulfill the protesting human's worst fears, and a place where she'll learn that you can't be a vampire without getting a little blood on your hands...


I was seriously looking forward to this book, but when I got into the story I was slightly disappointed. It just wasn't as good as the one's before it. I got a lit bit bored with certain things, and I felt the author was kind of repeating things that had already happened. 
Things continue for Merit and Ethan, he keeps trying to get her back admitting to making a mistake, but she keeps resisting because she can not trust him anymore. It has been two months since the house attack (from the previous book) and things are just now starting to get back on track, or well so they thing. Merit has friends that Ethan doesn't know about, and he knows she's keeping things from him now. And they have the GP coming down hard on them and their house for all of the things that have happened in Chicago recently.  I'm glad I read this book because you have to know what happens to read the next one. But right now I'm so floored I don't know if I can read the next one, but my curiosity will get the best of me, and I will continue forth. The end was the best part of the whole book, I can not believe that happened. I was so sad! I was bawling like a baby, it was just awful. And I never would have believed the twist this took, but I am so sick of Celina, that I'm extremely grateful for Merit for taking care of her once and for all. 


by Whitney Martin 1:31 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%