Friday, April 19, 2013

Title: Friday Night Bites
Series: Chicagoland Vampires, #2
Author: Chloe Neill
Rating: 4 Shooting Stars

The story of a young heiress's initiation into the dark society of the Chicagoland Vampires continues:

Ten months after vampires revealed their existence to the mortals of Chicago, they're enjoying a celebrity status usually reserved for the Hollywood elite. But should people learn about the Raves--mass feeding parties where vampires round up humans like cattle--the citizens will start sharpening their stakes.

So now it's up to the new vampire Merit to reconnect with her upper class family and act as liaison between humans and bloodsuckers, and keep the more unsavory aspects of the vampire lifestyle out of the media. But someone doesn't want peace between them--someone with an ancient grudge.

I couldn't wait to start reading this book after reading the first one in this series, and this one did not disappoint. It was awesome!! I can not believe all of the stuff Merit has to go through in this book, and she still stands strong. 
It starts out with Merit moving into the House with her Master, and all of the other vampires. Her relationship with Mallory is changing now because of everything going on in their lives. Which by the way I now can not stand Mallory. I don't want to give to much away, but I think she is selfish! Anyways, Merit has to do more for her house, and prove once again that she can be trusted, and she is going to do everything she can to protect her house. But Merit is hiding something, she and her "vampire" are having problems, it's like there is Merit, then there is vampire Merit, and she doesn't know who to talk to about it, or what to do now. And things just keep piling up for her when they find they have another traitor in the house, and Celina is being released. There is just so much stuff going on in this book it makes your head spin, in a really good way of course. 
I really love Merit. She is my favorite character, and I love how she isn't giving up no matter what everyone thinks of her, and she's going to keep going through all of the trials, and dramas. I also like Ethan even though I do not understand him sometimes. I think he secretly has more feelings for Merit than he is even willing to admit to himself, but I can not get a read on him in the book. Sometimes I wish it was in his POV so we could see what he's thinking about. 
I'm also glad there seemed to be a little less Mallory in this book, besides the drama in it at one point in time, but other than that she's not a huge person in this one. I just do not like her, but I love Catcher, he is extremely awesome. Along with the rest of the gang Lindsey, Luc, and Jeff they all make a really great team, and I can not wait to read more!! I highly recommend this series, and this book! It is a must read! 



by Whitney Martin 2:59 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%