Monday, April 29, 2013

Title: For Their Happiness
Author: Jayton Young
Rating: 3 Shooting Stars

What do you do when your soul-mate doesn’t know you’re his?
Crystie had always kept to herself, only having one friend. She liked it that way, until she saw her mate for the first time. He was everything she could dream of, athletic, honor society, genuinely nice, and defensive of those weaker than him. The only problem; he was the soon to be Alpha and was in love with his childhood sweetheart. They had grown up together and had always been faithful, so Crystie stayed hidden and never let him know.
Trent had always had a soft spot for his best friend, Nikki, but they were not mates. He had always looked for his mate, but as the years passed, he was giving up hope of finding her. He had caught a scent of her when he was seventeen that made his wolf howl ‘Mate!’, but was never able to find who the scent belonged to. As the time for him to take over the pack came closer, he decided to mate with Nikki so the pack would have an Alpha Female.
Now forces are after Crystie along with the problems she’s having by not being with her mate. What will happen if Trent doesn’t discover Crystie is his mate and find her in time?


For Their Happiness had a very interesting story, so I was looking forward to reading it. I thought it was a very different kind of werewolf book than most of them I've read. And I enjoyed most of the book, at least the first half. Then after the halfway point I just thought it was okay, I felt the romance between the mates was rushed, and that there should have been a little bit more of them talking, maybe not getting to know each other but at least talking. I was just frustrated with that part of it. 
Other wise I enjoyed the idea of the story, the plot was very interesting, and I give the book points for being unique. Also I could relate to the character's, and I really loved Crystie, I do not read a lot about character's with her personality so it was very interesting to see how she reacted to all of the things going on, and to how she put more people's happiness above her own. 
The ending was very enjoyable though so that added to my overall opinion of the book, and I may be interested in reading more about this series. If there are going to be more books.   


by Whitney Martin 8:30 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%