Friday, April 26, 2013

Title: Damaged
Series: Damaged, #1
Author: H.M. Ward
Rating: 3 Shooting Stars

Life sucks. And, as soon as Sidney picks up the pieces something always knocks her back onto her butt. It's never pretty, but this time is different. This time pretty isn't even the right word.

Peter is the personification of perfection. It's like he fell off his angel perch in purgatory, because let's face it--any guy that hot has got to be naughty. He was probably sent here to ruin her life.

Peter is beyond beautiful with his sexy blue eyes, dark hair, and toned body. Add in his charming wit and Peter is everything Sidney ever wanted in a man, but when things get hot and heavy Peter shows her the door. Sidney takes the walk of shame and leaves. It's the end of the worst blind date ever. Her life couldn't possibly reach higher levels of suckage, but it does.

The next morning everything comes crashing down. The insanely hot guy from last night, the one that saw her half naked, is teaching at the front of the class room.


Spoiler Alert!
When I read the preview of this book I knew I had to read it. It looked so interesting, and funny. As it turned out I was slightly disappointed in the book. I feel it had a lot of potential but didn't meet up to it. And it ending at a horrible time, a horrible cliffhanger that just frustrated me to no end. 

It starts out with Sidney going on a "blind date" but she mistakes a single guy at a table for her blind date when that isn't him. But they seem to hit it off, and have chemistry. (Which leads me to a lot of points of contradiction in this book) Things start to progress but soon they find out that he's a teacher at her college, and she's his TA. So they can not have a relationship, and they have to forget about how they knew each other to begin with. 
I loved both of the characters. I thought they each had "damaged" pasts, and that made them the perfect couple. And the plot line was interesting. 
But what made this book so frustrating was the fact that Sidney had feelings for him, but she didn't "realize" it till later on in the book when certain things come up, but yet to BEGIN with she had feelings for him. So that didn't make very much sense to me at all. It's like it lessened their original meeting, and connection by admitting that. And then when they both asked each other if the found the other attractive, that was so dumb when again from the very start they KNEW they were both attracted to each other. 

I feel this story could have been a lot better, and I just had a few frustrations with it. Overall it was only okay, nothing great, but something to just blow time with. I'm not sure if I will be reading the next one or not, I will have to wait and see. 


by Whitney Martin 12:22 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%