Monday, April 1, 2013

Title: Comfort Food
Author: Kitty Thomas
Rating: 4 Shooting Stars


Emily Vargas has been taken captive. As part of his conditioning methods, her captor refuses to speak to her, knowing how much she craves human contact. He's far too beautiful to be a monster. Combined with his lack of violence toward her, this has her walking a fine line at the edge of sanity. Told in the first person from Emily's perspective, Comfort Food explores what happens when all expectations of pleasure and pain are turned upside down, as whips become comfort and chicken soup becomes punishment.


This was a pretty short read. It only took me a few hours to read it. That saying once I got in the mind set to read it, and I started reading it I couldn't put it down. It is seriously sick and twisted and had me feeling sorry for the kidnapper... Seriously no joke.
 I just couldn't believe all of the stuff that happens to Emily and how she feels about everything. I can't say what kind of reaction I would have to this because I hope to God it never happens to me. But I kept feeling like Emily was almost giving into easy, but I guess in a way that was just the type of person she was. She needed the other person's actions to help her function. It was really sad to see her being pushed to this type of life. And then in the middle I was so floored by what was actually "wrong" with her "master" that I felt sorry for him. 

Sometimes I felt almost like Emily and her "master" should actually get together like a couple. That should tell you how good the writer was at getting you to feel everything about the story. 

I do feel sorry for Emily's family. The ending was such a surprise to me, and it made me really sad for the parents, they didn't deserve for this to happen to them, and I do feel sorry for Emily too. This book is not for the faint heart, and it does have sex in it. Not anymore than Fifty Shades, but some. 

The story is told in Emily's point of view, but sometimes certain parts are in third person, and then you do get to read a few things from the kidnappers point of view. But I won't go into details about that. But when I read his point of view, I seriously felt so bad for him, and I almost felt like what it did was justified and sweet. Then I thought I was going crazy from reading the book. I recommend this book, it is really good. But it is not something I will ever read again. 
There is only so much sickness a person can take. 

Jeez I really need to read a sweet romance now! :)



by Whitney Martin 11:11 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%