Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Title: Come Away With Me
Series: With Me In Seattle, #1
Author: Kristen Proby
Rating: 2 Shooting Stars

Being confronted on the beach by a sexy stranger wasn't part of Natalie Conner's plans for a peaceful morning taking photos. And why on earth would he think she's taking pictures of him, anyway? Who is he? One thing’s for sure, he’s hot, and incredibly romantic, feeding Natalie’s wounded soul.

Luke Williams just wants the world to give him a break, so seeing yet another camera aimed at his face has him ready to pounce on the beauty behind the lens. When he finds out she has no idea who he is, he's intrigued and more than a little tempted by her. Natalie has a body made for sex, a sassy mouth and Luke can’t get enough of her, but he’s not ready to tell her who he really his.

Natalie is a no nonsense girl who doesn’t do well with lies and secrets. What will happen to this new relationship when she discovers what Luke’s hiding?


I read a lot of good reviews about this book so I thought it was going to be really good. I was wrong however. I didn't like it at all. 
It starts out with Natalie meeting Luke at the beach when he thinks she is taking pictures of him, so he gets mad and demands that she give him her camera and delete the pictures. Natalie is confused about why this guy would thing that she took pictures of him so she shows him all of the shots she took, and none of them are of him. So Luke, and Natalie end up going out on a date, and things just build from there. 
The dialogue between Natalie and Luke during certain situations in the book is so "cheesy" I couldn't stand it. It got on my nerves how much they constantly repeated the same things to each other. And I felt the plot of the story just fell short. I mean Natalie gets mad at Luke for lying to her, when she doesn't tell him certain things either so it makes her seem like a hypocrite. And then Luke's sister not liking Natalie seemed so dumb to me, it was like the author just threw that in there to add more drama to the story but it had absolutely no point to the plot line. 

I did not like this book, it was very boring, and just fell short of what I thought it could have been. I will not be reading any more in this series either because of this. 


by Whitney Martin 10:47 AM 2 comments

2 comments :

  1. Awesome review, Whit. I DNF'd all the books in this series. :( Didn't even bother marking it on GR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Wow I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't like this. And they seemed like they would be so good, and there are so many good reviews about them. oh well lol :)

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%