Friday, April 26, 2013

Title: A Different Blue
Author: Amy Harmon
Rating: 5 Shooting Stars

Blue Echohawk doesn't know who she is. She doesn't know her real name or when she was born. Abandoned at two and raised by a drifter, she didn't attend school until she was ten years old. At nineteen, when most kids her age are attending college or moving on with life, she is just a senior in high school. With no mother, no father, no faith, and no future, Blue Echohawk is a difficult student, to say the least. Tough, hard and overtly sexy, she is the complete opposite of the young British teacher who decides he is up for the challenge, and takes the troublemaker under his wing. 

This is the story of a nobody who becomes somebody. It is the story of an unlikely friendship, where hope fosters healing and redemption becomes love. But falling in love can be hard when you don't know who you are. Falling in love with someone who knows exactly who they are and exactly why they can't love you back might be impossible.


I thought A Different Blue was going to be similar to a lot of books I've read where the student falls for the teacher, and then there's that whole "I'm a teacher, I can't be with you" crises. But I'm glad I was completely wrong. I've never read another story like this, and it is one of the most well written books I've ever read. I was able to feel all of the characters emotions so perfectly I felt like I was some of the characters. 
It starts out with Blue a girl who has a lot of problems and a shady past, and a new teacher at her high school. He realizes she's a challenge to teach, but he tries everything he can to help her learn to open up her mind and make her see that she's not this "slut" she thinks she is. And he starts to learn a lot about himself in the process. This book is quite funny as well, even though it has a lot of intense parts.
The story also goes beyond high school. Showing you things that happens in life, and how Blue is just trying to make a new for herself, and find out who she really is. 
Blue is my favorite kind of character, she's not afraid to speak her mind, and she just does what she wants because she's not afraid of what anyone thinks about her either. She is very snarky, and has smart mouth. And Wilson is very smart, funny, and able to make Blue feel things she's never felt before. 
This book is one of the best books I've ever read, and I highly recommend it. I just finished it, and I already want to read it again. I can not say enough how wonderful it is. I'm daring you to try and find out for yourself,  you will not be disappointed. 


by Whitney Martin 7:32 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%