Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Title: Beautiful Disaster
Series: Beautiful Disaster, #1
Author: Jamie McGuire
Rating: 5 Shooting Stars

Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.


I love this book! It is absolutely one of my favorite books ever! Abby meets Travis at a fight, exactly the type of place Abby tells herself she shouldn't be, because she is trying to completely change everything about her past. And Travis is to close to home for Abby's comfort, so she does everything she can to keep herself from being his next "one night stand." But the heart wants what it wants. And Travis isn't about to let go the one girl whose never thrown herself at him. 
I don't know what it is exactly about this book that I love so much but there is something so appealing about Travis and Abby's relationship that I was just sucked into the story from the start. Abby and Travis both equally frustrated me with the decisions they made, I really wanted to knock some sense into both of them at several different points in the story. 

Abby seriously makes me hate her and love her at times. One second she's upset with Travis for doing the things he's always done, and then the next she's okay with it. She seriously needed to get her head straight first before showing her emotions to Travis, and then causing a huge fight between them. She made me hate her for this on several occasions. But then I love how she doesn't bow down to Travis, she goes toe to toe with him on anything that really bothers her. And I love how she wants to move on from her past, but I hate the why she tries to do it. I mean really Parker Hayes?! Enough said.. I won't say more about him because I don't want to give to much away, but you will see once you read the story. But Parker was one of "Abby's flaws" in my opinion! 

Travis was a man whore! I couldn't believe all of the women who actually went out with him, he was known for his one night stands but women still continued to go out with him. But with Abby, he knew there was something special about her. You really don't get a lot of Travis's thoughts in this book because it is in Abby's point of view, but I'm excited for the second book to see what Travis was thinking in certain situations, because I couldn't believe how much of a jerk he could be! 


These two's relationship really defines the meaning of "Beautiful Disaster."

Abby and Travis are Beautiful together, when they actually just let go and be together with out all of the drama. 
But put in the drama the two of them create, and other's around them create, then it really is a Disaster!
The other character's like Shep, and America were very well written, and I enjoyed how dramatic America was even though she sometimes got on my nerves. It was still nice to see another relationship besides just Abby and Travis's. 
The ending is also my favorite part of the book, I was so proud of Abby, I was smiling the whole time I read the end! 
I love love love this book, it is one of my favorite books! I give it a 5 out of 5 Stars! And I can not wait to read the next one. I really kinda hope there are more than just two of them, because I can not get enough of Abby and Travis!! And if there aren't going to be more, then I will just continue to reread them when I need a Travis and Abby fix! 


by Whitney Martin 11:02 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%