Friday, March 29, 2013

Title: Afterlife
Series: Afterlife Saga
Author: Stephanie Hudson
Rating: 3 Shooting Stars



Afterlife… just some gothic nightclub where gossip is fuelled by the presence of a rich and unearthly, handsome family or Afterlife…the strange place where time seems to stand still and guests feel the presence of something more powerful held within the confines of the VIP. 



Keira is new to this small, cold town and is running from a past that seems to feast on her darkest memories. She finds living with her sister away from English soil to be just the ticket to the new life she is trying desperately to find. So when the offer of a job at the infamous Gothic nightclub Afterlife comes along she thinks that lady luck has finally found her. That is until its seductively dark and forbidding owner Dominic Draven sets eyes on her. All at once she is captivated and plunged into a world she never knew existed but the deeper her obsession with Draven becomes, the harder it is to decide…should she stay and continue to work within the shadows of the supernatural or should she run from a madness she thinks may consume her? 




Warning: This book is amazingly addictive, with its dark mystery, haunting horror, seductive twists and one sexy dark lord that has the reader drooling every time the name Draven appears on the page!






When I started this book I was really interested in it. I really enjoyed Keira, and the mystery behind her past, and how she was "broken."  I love how she gets to start over and try to just be normal again, and how there are so many hints to what exactly happen to her, but you really have no idea. To say I was shocked when I found out is an understatement. I knew it was bad, but I never would have expected what it actually was without reading the complete end of the book.

However there were several typing errors with the book, and I can live with that, but it was an annoyance. But what was very frustrating was it seemed the book just dragged on. By just 41% of the book, I was ready for the story to progress more. I hate to complain about this as well, but it just seemed to be too many details about things that were of so little importance. 


I did enjoy Keira's sitter Libby, and her husband. I love how you got to see a lot of their emotions, and how they really cared about Keira a lot. 

At about 70 to 80% of the book I could just not believe what was happening. I mean the relationship between Keira, and Dominic just seemed so rushed, I mean what did they really know about each other? I found this to be very frustrating, and it made the book not as enjoyable as before. I wasn't sure I could keep reading it, but then I knew I just had to finish it. 

The ending does lead into a sequel but I have to say it just was not what I expected. I really wanted to love this book but it was so hard because of so many different things that I just didn't enjoy about it. I was really disappointed at the end, it just wasn't what I wanted it to be, it could have been so much better but didn't live up to its potential at all. I will read the next one and hope it is not as disappointing as this one. I give this a 3 out of 5 stars. It was just okay, and it was a 3 star not a 2 star because I actually found things to like about it. 


by Whitney Martin 11:46 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%