Friday, February 15, 2013

Title: Reason To Breathe
Series: The Breathing Series, #1
Author: Rebecca Donovan
Rating: 4 Shooting Stars

"No one tried to get involved with me, and I kept to myself. This was the place where everything was supposed to be safe and easy. How could Evan Mathews unravel my constant universe in just one day?"

In the affluent town of Weslyn, Connecticut, where most people worry about what to be seen in and who to be seen with, Emma Thomas would rather not be seen at all. She’s more concerned with feigning perfection while pulling down her sleeves to conceal the bruises - not wanting anyone to know how far from perfect her life truly is. Without expecting it, she finds love. It challenges her to recognize her own worth - but at the risk of revealing the terrible secret she’s desperate to hide. 

Reason to Breathe is an electrifying page turner from start to finish, a unique tale of life-changing love, unspeakable cruelty, and one girl’s fragile grasp of hope.



Reason to breathe shows you the struggle Emma goes through at home being abused. But it also shows you how she’s constantly being hurt, so she learned to shut off her emotions and not let anyone get close to her until Evan comes along. We also see the romantic relationship evolve between them, along with a wonderful friendship between Emma and Sarah. This books makes Even and Sarah a major success in my opinion the author did a wonderful job on those characters. I really love this book it’s one of my favorites. There are things that do bug me about it though like when Evan leaves and then comes back it never explains why he just came back to me that didn’t make a lot of sense. And I really hated how Emma wanted to keep Evan close but then push him away at the last minute she seemed wishy washy the way she kept doing that. But I do understand why she did it, but it bothered me. The only thing I really hate about this book is the epilogue!! Because you really have no idea what happened and you have to wait for the next book!! Overall this book is amazing even with the bad parts in it. It is very well written and very emotional!



by Whitney Martin 8:55 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%